Beautiful green meadows, wooded hill ranges, old houses with flowery balconies and the cool fresh air of the mountains – the postcard-pretty Arlberg region also is a great summer destination. You can relax and enjoy your holiday amidst colorful landscapes. The weather is warm during the day but colder in the evenings. Cool summer nights promise a great night’s sleep. There are no mosquitoes in Lech.
Exercising in the great outdoors makes you feel both healthier and happier. Meander along paths through wildflower-filled meadows or stroll around a mountain lake. Well-prepared and marked hiking trails suit all levels and ages. They range from easy relaxing walks to serious high Alpine climbs, all set amongst stunning scenery.
What else do we offer?
- The 19-hectare, handicap 9-hole golf course in Lech-Zug (Link einfügen) is ideal for both beginners and professionals. Located at 1,500 meters above sea level and set amidst stunning mountain scenery, it is one of the most beautiful in the Alpine region. The fairways are designed so that players have to play over the Lech river several times. www.golf-arlberg.at
- Theme trails: Learn about the legends of the Arlberg region and about its traditions. Explore our breath-taking nature and follow the River Lech from its source to the falls.
- The Rote Wand (2,704 m), which rises above Lake Formarin, is the second highest mountain of the Lechquellen range. The mountain is famous for its red limestone cliffs. There are numerous hiking trails around Lake Formarin, including an easy circuit. In 2015 the area has been voted the most beautiful place in Austria.
- A natural treasure can be found nearby in the Arlberg mountains: Lake Körber which was voted “the most beautiful place in Austria” in 2017. During the summer season, visitors to the sanctuary can admire a large number of rare plants. Lake Körber cannot be reached by car. However, there is a well-marked hiking trail from Oberlech.
- Hiking the Tannberg trail involves learning historical facts about the three Walser villages of Warth, Schröcken and Lech. The trail leads you through a charming mountain landscape with alpine climbs and to 700 year old Walser houses.
- Der Grüne Ring: The Green Ring trail is a three-day hike over mountain ridges, through deep valleys and along mountain lakes. It is a trail of legends about mysterious inhabitants and events in the Arlberg region. More informatin: www.dergruenering.at
- The Lechweg trail (125 kilometers) takes you on a journey through one of the last wild river landscapes in Europe. Hikers follow the Lech from its source near Lake Formarin (Arlberg region) to the Lech falls in Füssen (Allgäu region of Germany). Click here for more information: www.lech-weg.com
- Outdoor pool: The Forest Swimming Pool (Waldschwimmbad) on the banks of the Lech river has warm 25°C water, water slides and a large children’s pool.
- Sportpark Lech offers a wide range of activities, such as bowling, tennis and climbing. If you want to pamper yourself, you can find relaxation in the spa and gym area. More information: www.sport-park-lech.at
- Burgwald-Bike-Trail: The trail in Lech is the first official freeride and enduro course in Vorarlberg. Designed for both beginners and ambitious mountain bikers it can be accessed from the Lech-Oberlech cable car and the Petersboden lift. More information: www.lech-zuers.at/burgwald-bike-trail
Tip: motorcycle tours
If you want to combine great riding with spectacular scenery, you have found the right place. The Arlberg region is a great destination for motorcyclists: Winding roads take you to scenic mountain passes and beautiful alpine meadows sprinkled with wildflowers.
Pension Zöggeler is a great departure point for motorcycle tours. As motorcyclists ourselves, we will be happy to share our knowledge of wonderful destinations to help you explore the area.
Of course, you are welcome to park your motorcycle inside our garage overnight. In the unfortunate event that you get soaked in the rain, we will make sure that your motorcycle gear is dry in the morning.
It’s worth noting that you also can rent a motorcycle: www.highbike-paznaun.com